Accepting applicants with all levels of skill sets. Great opportunity for newly graduated community college students and career center students in a precision machining program.
2nd Shift Material Handler 3:30p-12a
We are looking for a Material Handler to move, package, load, and unload steel bars. You’ll ensure the interminable and efficient running of production. A great material handler is reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards. On-the-job training is a good way to discover how to do the job better, so you should have willingness to learn and improve. Being a team player is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers. The goal will be to ensure that production procedures will be carried on smoothly to maximize efficiency and profits.
• locating the correct bundles of bars for each work order
• moving bars to different locations and machines for processing
• loading and unloading bars from trucks
• loading bars into cardboard tubes
• banding and/or boxing bars in preparation for shipping
• oiling bars to prevent rust
• filling out time tickets and work orders
• keeping work area clean and free of safety hazards
• other jobs assigned by supervisor
• Understanding of production procedures
• Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
• Attention to detail
• Teamwork and communication skills
• Physical stamina and strength
• High school diploma or equivalent
Side Loader; Overhead crane; Pneumatic banding gun; Step ladder
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: Health; Dental; 401(k); 401(k) matching; short term disability; life; paid time off.
Second Shift Pay Starts At $19 an hour
Click here for an application.
Mail or drop off at:
Northlake Steel Corp.
5455 Wegman Drive
Valley City, OH 44280
Email to: email@example.com