Northlake Steel Corporation, a premier manufacturer of precision steel shafting, is looking for an Inside/Outside Sales Representative. We are willing to train the right person, however a background in the steel industry would be ideal. Past sales experience preferred. We need an independent, self-motivated person, to work directly with our customers, manage all aspects of the sales process and be a team player.
This Sales Representative will be based in our Valley City office and will be expected to meet off site with customers as needed. Northlake Steel’s product inventory includes chrome plated; cold drawn; induction hardened chrome plated bars; linear shafting; and turned ground and polished bars.
Must be willing to make cold calls to solicit new customers and generate product quotes. This requires excellent communication skills and the ability to listen and meet the customer’s needs. A positive attitude, along with detail accuracy is a must. Must be proficient in MS Office suite skills.
• Prepares quotations in response to customer inquiries after thoroughly reviewing customer requirements/specifications. The response time goal is 24 hours or less. Routinely follow up on inquiries and convey relevant competitive pricing, terms, delivery and services to Northlake.
• Maintains updated inventory status reports for bank customers.
• Remains in weekly contact with existing account base.
• Monitors status of customers’ open orders and expedites as needed.
• Promptly notifies customer of any changes of order status.
• Canvas’ prospective new accounts daily.
• Participates in telemarketing campaigns to locate and qualify new accounts and promote targeted products.
• Thoroughly examines existing inventory for quotation purposes and prior to requesting purchase of new material.
• Provides market and customer activity information to management for weekly management meeting and annual business plan.
• Provides annual sales forecast for assigned territory and achieves goals consistent with forecast.
• Knows and follows Northlake Steel Corporation’s Quality Policy and Procedures.
• Handles customer claims in accordance with company procedures including inspecting material at customer facilities where needed.
• Actively participates in weekly production meeting.
• Assists in maintaining updated customer master information and specifications files.
• Provides thorough and accurate information to internal customers to facilitate order processing.
• Meets with or entertains customers as needed. Maintains regular call schedule with existing customers and submits call reports as required.
• Provides office support as needed.
• Maintains an established filing system.
Please include with your resume, salary requirement and availability date.
Base Pay will be determined by sales experience and knowledge of the industry. Commissions dependent on sales volume. No cap on commissions.
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: Health; Dental; 401(k); 401(k) matching; short term disability; life; paid time off.
Click here for an application.
Mail or drop off at:
Northlake Steel Corp.
5455 Wegman Drive
Valley City, OH 44280
Email to: email@example.com