Below are a few links that we find useful. These web sites and institutions have a lot of information to keep you up to date on both the domestic and international steel markets.
- The American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) is a political advocate for American manufacturing companies. AISI publishes and shares articles on both the domestic and global steel markets.
- The World Steel Association formerly known as IISI, provides current information and news on the steel industry.
- The American Metals Market releases information on steel industry scrap pricing.
Northlake Steel is a proud ASTM Participating Member.
- ASTM International was formerly known as The American Society for Testing and Materials and is the producer of standards for many of the global steel markets.
- ASM International provides educational material on anything from Metallurgy for Non-Metallurgist to Failures Analysis. ASM provides an online member forum, courses, and textbooks for engineering and science professionals.
- Steel Mills of the World features many conversion calculations that you may find useful. They have everything from calculating the theoretical weight of a bar to pressure and stress conversion.