Accepting applicants with all levels of skill sets. Great opportunity for newly graduated community college students and career center students in a precision machining program.
2nd Shift Machine Operator 3:30p-12a
We are looking for a skilled Machine Operator to set up, maintain and operate machinery. You’ll ensure the interminable and efficient running of production. A great machine operator is reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards. On-the-job training is a good way to discover how to do the job better, so you should have willingness to learn and improve. Being a team player is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers. The goal will be to ensure that production procedures will be carried on smoothly to maximize efficiency and profits.
Saw; Grinder; Lathe; Press Straightener; Roll Straightener; Draw Bench; Polisher; Induction Heating; Shot Blast Cabinet
• Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
• Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
• Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
• Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
• Test operation of machines periodically
• Fix issues that might occur during the shift
• Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
• Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
• Maintain activity logs
• Proven experience as a machine operator
• Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
• Understanding of production procedures
• Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
• Attention to detail
• Teamwork and communication skills
• Physical stamina and strength
• High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: Health; Dental; 401(k); 401(k) matching; short term disability; life; paid time off
Second Shift Pay Starts At $19 an hour
Click here for an application.
Mail or drop off at:
Northlake Steel Corp.
5455 Wegman Drive
Valley City, OH 44280
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org