General Maintenance TechnicianUncategorized
Northlake Steel is in need of a second shift (3:30pm to 12am) general maintenance technician.
Maintenance technicians keep our metalworking machines and material handling equipment in good working order. We are looking for someone with good attention to detail and safety standards. On-the-job training is provided for this position, but at least 2 years’ experience of general/industrial maintenance experience is required. We have a current maintenance team of 5 so being a team player is essential since all tasks will require collaboration.
• Minimum of 2 years of general maintenance experience.
• Experience in basic troubleshooting of electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical systems.
• Basic knowledge of metalworking equipment.
• Capable of demonstrating appropriate skill level in:
- Welding and cutting.
- Reading blue prints, drawings, electrical schematics, repair manuals.
- Basic electrical/electronic components.
- Operation of power tools, air and electric, including tooling.
- Use of material handling equipment, i.e., overhead cranes, forklift trucks, man lifts, etc.
• Must be familiar with safety procedures, including OSHA guidelines such as:
- Fall Protection,
- Hazardous Materials,
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety in Confined Spaces.
• Basic knowledge of preventive maintenance protocols.
• Good communications skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen & background check.
• High school degree or equivalent preferred.
• Must possess basic mathematical skills and be able to perform calculations.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must submit proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
• Must be in good physical health and possess physical stamina including ability to frequently bend, stoop, walk, and stand for prolonged periods of time. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
• Must be willing/available to work overtime, including weekends and off shifts when necessary to meet service goals.
• Possess valid driver’s license.
Job Type: Full-time; On site.
Benefits: Health; Dental; 401(k); 401(k) matching; short term disability; life; paid time off.
Second Shift Pay Starts At $19 an hour
What Careers Are Available
We’re looking for hard working, creative, and energetic people who want to be a part of our future. Our customer base is all over the world, and we are growing every day. Northlake operates out of Valley City, OH, which is located approximately 45 minutes south of Cleveland. From this strategic location, we can quickly supply the entire mid-west United States and the heart of manufacturing across the country & world.
Please click the links below to learn more about specific openings.
Click here for an application.
Mail or drop off at:
Northlake Steel Corp.
5455 Wegman Drive
Valley City, OH 44280
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to: 330-220-7718
Phone calls will not be accepted.
*Please note that only .pdf email attachments will be considered for review.